Be Sure Before You Sign-Up
While we would love to be a one-size-fits-all program, success in our program relies on a participants ability to perform basic physical movements. This implies continued capability to move from standing exercises to sitting exercises with relative ease and to either walk or run without difficulty (running is optional in our program). Those people suffering from recent injury or serious chronic illness, or from ongoing physical ailments of the low back or knee joints, may not be a good fit for our program. Age is not usually a factor for an effective experience with us, but some women over the age of 50 may find our program overwhelming if they have not been engaging in regular exercise. Please use the FitCheck test below as a guide to compatibility, or call us directly at 206-852-4427.
- Are you injury free?
- Is your low back free of chronic (daily) pain, spasm and tension?
- Are you mentally prepared for a few physical challenges during each class; challenges that may take you out of your comfort zone?
- Can you walk up 4-6 flights of stairs at a casual pace without stopping for breath?
- Can you bring your knees up to your chest in a high march for two minutes, arms pumping?
- Can you do 40 jumping jacks?
- Can you perform a repeating squat and a repeating lunge?
If you’ve answered YES to all of the above, welcome to Power Lab Fitness. Your current level of fitness is just the beginning! If you had difficulty with any of the above exercises, but still love the idea of joining us, give us a call and let’s discuss your fitness goals. We’d love to hear from you, 206-852-4427.